Early Business in Myrtleford & District
Commenced in leased premises as the Myrtleford & District Co-operative Society Ltd at the corner of Albert and Robertson Streets in 1922. A new premises was opened in Standish Street in 1927. The Co-Store closed in 1975.
Ewart's and Connelly's
Shown in the 1920s on Clyde Street, once the site of a blacksmith’s shop.
Note Reform Hill in the background
Opposite the post office on Myrtle Street and backing on to the Happy Valley Creek, Freeman’s supplied manchester, window furnishings and clothing for the whole family.
Moore's Bakery on Myrtle Street was located on the highway on the east end of town.
Deliveries to town and farms was part of the daily routine, seen here in the 1910s.
Eddie Moore (in centre) seen here with his children Linda and Lester.
Owned by Yannie and Myrtle Tsitimbinison Myrtle Street from 1936, this mixed business expanded to include a plant nursery and clothing emporium
At the corner of Standish and Myrtle Streets, Kevin Weller serviced cars and farm machinery, sold petrol and conducted a car and tractor dealership.